Well, it works!
A few weeks ago I made up a resonant feedline dipole for 10M as an experiment and the initial measurements looked good,. (Post http://acomeau.blogspot.com/2011/10/10m-band-rfd-resonant-feedline-dipole.html ) This weekend I used the ARRL sweepstakes contest as a way to get a few quick test QSOs in.
I threw the end of the antenna up in a maple tree in the back yard, connected up a spare feedline into the house and tuned the antenna up.
The bottom of the 10M band looks good, with SWR <1.5:1. The upper end of the band is just as well.
|10M Band SWR|
Humm, so I guess all that is left is to forge ahead with the full 80m version hung from a kite skyhook!